- Q&A: Which one of the following is considered a noble grape?
- Q&A: What (or who) is the remueur?
- Q&A: What are the different levels of wine aromas a wine can have?
- What We’ve Been Reading – January 2023
- Q&A: What is a pét-nat?
- Q&A: What is easy but important advice for serving wine and cheese?
- Go Big or Go Home for Dinner: Skirt Steak with Rebellious Red Blend
- Q&A: In wine, when is rotten a good thing?
- This event has passed.
Sommcon Virtual Summit: Côtes du Rhône’s Vision for Sustainability Webinar
March 16, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 9:15 am$95
Côtes du Rhône’s Vision for Sustainability Webinar:
The Côtes du Rhône appellation is naturally equipped for sustainable agriculture. For decades, many vineyards have converted to organic and biodynamic farming. And today, the appellation has ambitious goals to encourage all its growers and winemakers to pivot to an environment-friendly viticulture, and to fight climate change challenges in the region. Join the conversation with Côtes du Rhône producers and discuss our vision of sustainability. Wines to be featured:
- Maison Sinnae (Cave Laudun Chusclan), Côtes du Rhône blanc, 2020
- Chateau de Montfrin, Côtes du Rhône blanc, 2019
- Domaine Longue Toque (Gabriel Meffre), Côtes du Rhône Villages Plan de Dieu 2018
- Chateau La Nerthe, Les Cassagnes, Côtes du Rhône Rosé 2020
- Cascavel Côtes du Rhône Villages Sablet 2017
The conference brings together industry professionals of all levels to discuss, develop, and lead the conversation on the business of wine. SommCon’s® education is built by Sommeliers for trade professionals and serious enthusiasts who have a passion for wine and spirits and an unyielding quest for knowledge. Attendees learn and taste their way through keynote sessions and educational classes, complete with a trade-only tasting and expo.
SommCon® is an industry educational summit for those on their way to the prestigious and varied designation levels of sommelier or certified wine specialist, front-of-house staff looking to broaden their professional know-how, or self professed vinofiles with an amateur obsession. You should attend SommCon® if you are a Master Sommelier, Master of Wine, Sommelier, Sommelier Candidate, WSET Certificate Holder / Candidate, Certified Specialist of Wine, Certified Wine Educator, Certified Specialist of Spirits, Beverage Director, Wine & Spirit Educator, Educational Institution, Wine Sales Professional, Winemaker, Winery Staff, Front-of-House Restaurant Staff, Chef, Wine & Spirit Retailers, Wine Writers and Journalists, Serious Wine Enthusiast.
See the full schedule of events here: https://sommconusa.com/schedule-of-events.html