- Q&A: Which one of the following is considered a noble grape?
- Q&A: What (or who) is the remueur?
- Q&A: What are the different levels of wine aromas a wine can have?
- What We’ve Been Reading – January 2023
- Q&A: What is a pét-nat?
- Q&A: What is easy but important advice for serving wine and cheese?
- Go Big or Go Home for Dinner: Skirt Steak with Rebellious Red Blend
- Q&A: In wine, when is rotten a good thing?
First Apartment Wine Pack
Unscrew the cap off these wines when it’s time to celebrate your first steps into adulthood. Whether it’s laundry, a first paycheck, rent payments, or a new friend, these easy-to-drink wines make celebrating the grown-up moments easy-peasy (even when adulthood isn’t).
About the wines
REGION: Argentina | Mendoza | Uco Valley
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
- TASTING NOTE: Pearly pink with plenty of small bubbles. On the nose, it smells like springtime with floral notes that perfectly match a soft cherry flavor. On the palate is has a citrus profile and is full-bodied, a perfect combination between softness and low tannins.
- FOOD PAIRING: An ideal match for fish, such as ceviche, sushi or tiradito. It is also a perfect aperitif or mixed with fruity cocktails.
92 Points – Sommelier Journal (March/April 2021)
88 Points – Wine Spectator (June 2021)
88 Points –Vinous (June 2021)
REGION: Italy | Emilia-Romagna| Reggio Emilia
GRAPES: Salamino Lambrusco, Marani Lambrusco
TASTING NOTE: Bright ruby red wine with persistent bubbles, the wine shows delicate floral notes of violet leading to a luxuriously sweet, fresh, vivacious palate that is pleasantly harmonious.
FOOD PAIRING: An excellent pairing with fruit, dessert, and spicy pizza.
91 Points – Tasting Panel (March 2019)
89 Points – James Suckling (November 2019)
REGION: Argentina | Mendoza
GRAPES: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
TASTING NOTE: Fresh aromas of green apples and tropical fruit, with a balanced acidity that highlights the freshness.
PAIRING: Pairs well with salad, pasta, grilled fish, and vegetables.
92 Points – Wine&Spirits Magazine (June 2022)
REGION: Italy | Veneto
GRAPES: 100% Pinot Grigio
NOTE: Delicate aromas and a dry, crisp, vibrant texture featuring apple, pear, and stone fruit with hints of white flowers and almonds.
FOOD PAIRING: Fresh and crisp, impeccable with seafood, poultry, classic basil pesto, and delicate cheeses.
Wines for when you don't want to think
These wines are delicious, easy drinking, and perfect for summer sipping. Nothing to contemplate here — open ’em, pour ’em, and let your mind wander.