- Q&A: Which one of the following is considered a noble grape?
- Q&A: What (or who) is the remueur?
- Q&A: What are the different levels of wine aromas a wine can have?
- What We’ve Been Reading – January 2023
- Q&A: What is a pét-nat?
- Q&A: What is easy but important advice for serving wine and cheese?
- Go Big or Go Home for Dinner: Skirt Steak with Rebellious Red Blend
- Q&A: In wine, when is rotten a good thing?
August 31, 2020
Day #244 of the year.
Cakebread Chardonnay Napa Valley
I got a crazy idea yesterday to make mussels. If you’ve read my other Daily Sips, you might have gotten the hint that I’m a queen of takeout and making microwaved baked potatoes. But I had this gorgeous bottle of Cakebread Chardonnay 2018 and it’s been whispering ‘drink me with mussels’. When the wine speaks, I must listen, so as directed, I steamed up mussels. Chardonnay and shellfish is a classic combination. While I don’t have full faith in my cooking abilities, at least I know that the wine is a guaranteed 10/10.