- Q&A: Which one of the following is considered a noble grape?
- Q&A: What (or who) is the remueur?
- Q&A: What are the different levels of wine aromas a wine can have?
- What We’ve Been Reading – January 2023
- Q&A: What is a pét-nat?
- Q&A: What is easy but important advice for serving wine and cheese?
- Go Big or Go Home for Dinner: Skirt Steak with Rebellious Red Blend
- Q&A: In wine, when is rotten a good thing?
July 29, 2021
Day #210 of the year.
Taiheikai Sake Tokubetsu Junmai “Pacific Ocean”
Sake is fascinating to me! Did you know that Taiheikai, meaning “Pacific Ocean,” was the original brand of the Huchu Homare Brewery when it was founded in 1854? The Yamauchi’s named their first sake after the Pacific Ocean, because Ibaraki is on the ocean, and the ocean is an integral part of the region. Cheers!