Shedding some light on your favorite wine writers.
Laura Schreffler started her career in the U.K. at People magazine’s London headquarters before heading to New York to work as a columnist at the New York Daily News and O.K. magazine as its Lifestyle Editor. She then made the move to L.A. to launch HollywoodLife with Bonnie Fuller before heading to Haute Living, where she currently serves as the media group’s Editor-in-Chief. Laura’s grand passion is travel, but her other focuses are wine and spirits, talent booking, and luxury.
1. What was your first job as a writer?
I was a red carpet reporter in People magazine’s London office.
2. What led you to becoming a wine writer?
I don’t write exclusively about wine, but why I started was, at first, curiosity. And then it became about love.
3. What kind of reader do you have in mind when you’re writing?
A gourmand, a luxury enthusiast, a hedonist.
4. Where is the most magical place your wine writing has brought you?
Champagne, France. Like Dom Perignon, I drank stars!
5. What was one of your favorite articles to write, and why?
It’s not wine-related, but who doesn’t love Jack Pearson? Find out The Unconventional Secret to Milo Ventimiglia’s Success: here.
6. What is the best advice someone has given you on your writing?
Write what you know.
7. What would you be doing if you weren’t writing about wine?
Drinking it? I’d be doing exactly what I’m currently doing — writing about travel and luxury lifestyle.
Haute Living Media Group
Follow Laura on Social:
Nominate someone for Sunday Spotlight: