Emily in Paris is one of Netflix’s hottest new series. Here’s how you can live vicariously through Emily’s adventures.
The show kicks off in Chicago with Emily Cooper, an American Junior Marketing Associate and budding Social Media influencer, who gets the opportunity of a lifetime to move to Paris to work on the expansion of a luxury brand marketing firm account. Take a stroll down the Champs-Élysées with Emily as she learns to walk the walk and barely talk the talk, albeit fashionable but possibly #basic.
If you haven’t seen the show yet, get your besties together for a Netflix Party, now known as Teleparty, ASAP for a girl’s marathon weekend. There is nothing better than a socially distant connection with your gal-pals than by sharing an entertaining, fashionable, Parisian show with some laughs and a few sips of Champagne Taittinger (the Champagne of choice throughout season 1).
Here’s how to make the viewing party happen:
- Set the date and time.
- Sign into your Netflix account (let’s face it, we all have Netflix by now)
- Download and install Netflix Party, now called Teleparty on your laptop or desktop only (it’s not compatible with other devices).
- Send out invites. You can invite up to 50 friends!
- At the appointed date and time, log in to your account and select the show. Start watching and share the link with your friends through Teleparty.
Teleplay provides a chat box feature, but sadly no visual. If you want to add that extra element to your experience, use your mobile. Place it in the right spot so your friends can have a good view of you and your private party. I recommend using one of these nifty phone holders from Amazon, Honsky Thumbs Up Desktop, or the Bondi Silicon Flexible Holder.
Now…. Let’s get to the Must-Haves for this party:
- Prepare your seating area – build a comfy nest (as I call it) on your couch, armchair, or loveseat with soft, cozy blankets and fluffy pillows.
- Outfit – dress up/dress down. We are not going out much these days, so why not look your best even if it is on your couch in your best PJ’s? I’m obsessed with this set from Target.
- Set the mood – Splurge on a bouquet of flowers for yourself or place your favorite house plant nearby. Greenery is good for the mind and soul.
VIN.VIN.VIN! What’s a party without the right libation for a lazy and fun-filled Netflix marathon?
French wine is surely the way to go. You can’t watch a Paris-based series without a bottle of sparkling or Champagne at the ready. See below for a few recommendations:
- My top pick for this show would be of course bubbles, Champagne Taittinger Brut La Française, or Taittinger Prestige Rose.
- AIX Rose for those of you that prefer la vie en rose
- And for girls that must have RED, a lovely Beaujolais-Villages from Louis Jadot, made from the Gamay grape, is a perfect sipping companion to a platter of delicious, creamy cheeses.
Wine 365 Sip Tips:
Make sure your Champagne is chilled.
- Grab an ice bucket. If you don’t have one, get creative: bucket, beach pail, deep spaghetti pot, or a deep plant drainer will do. No ice machine? No problem: Fill your container ½ cold water, ½ ice cubes to stretch your ice supply and to chill your wine quickly and evenly.
Champagne coupes vs. flutes:
- Champagne coupes are said to be modeled on a breast. It is rumored the shape was inspired by Helen of Troy or Marie Antoinette, or some even say Madame de Pompadour. This style of glassware will open the Champagne for a full body and flavor of the wine, not just the bubbles.
- Champagne flutes were designed to enhance the aromatics of the Champagne and encourage the flow of the bubbles.
A few more tips:
- If you want to spray, don’t pay. Sometimes it’s really fun just to pop the cork and spray the wine. But, I suggest buying a less expensive version of bubbles and save the Champagne for sipping.
- To purchase the wines above in your area visit Wine365’s retail locater page.
What’s on the menu?
Snacks are an absolute must! This show takes place in one of the gourmet capitals of the world, so of course I suggest a French spin.
- Cheese, please: Who doesn’t love cheese? Go for a triple cream brie; my personal favorites are Delice de Bourgogne or Le Chatelain Cheese, soft-ripened Camembert. Decorate your cheese board with in-season fruit like apples and pears for the perfect harmony of flavors.
- Carb it up: Add baguette, croissant, or Pain au Chocolat. My go-to shop in NYC is Eli Zabar’s.
- Sweet finale: For your sweet tooth, Laduree macaroons come to mind (yum!)
And last but certainly not least, HAVE FUN!
This is John. I would like to place an order from you to my store in Fiji, and have it shipped with a shipping company I have used several times in the past. Before placing an order with you, I would like to know if I can pay with a credit card (such as Visa or American Express), also, I don’t like to place online orders, so can I simply email an order form and have you give me a quote? This will allow the fastest processing of my orders. I appreciate your time in these matters.
Sorry, John, we don’t sell wine, just write about it. Thank you!